The State Bar of Texas Appellate Law Section is sponsoring a CLE seminar to be held in Austin geared toward in-house lawyers and the role of appellate counsel. The event is scheduled for the afternoon of June 24, 2010 at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center and will be followed by a cocktail reception. Admission will be free to all in-house counsel and a limited number of outside lawyers.
Panels composed of appellate lawyers, in-house attorneys, and judges will address the following topics:
- Introducing clients to the appellate process
- Do I really need appellate counsel, and how do I select the right one?
- Role of appellate counsel in case management and trial
- Technology issues and their impact on appellate practice and briefing
- Fee arrangements for appellate counsel
- Open forum on trial and appellate issues
The program will run from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. and should be worth three hours of CLE credit. Invitees will receive additional details and speaker/panelist information when finalized.
As co-chair of this event (along with Kimberly Phillips from Shell Oil Company), I invite you to contact me if you, a client, or a colleague would like to be included on the invitation list. Limited co-sponsorship opportunities are available.